The CFA Society of Orlando is pleased to offer a new, Student Membership program. Student Membership is offered to
- Undergraduate students, enrolled full-time in a university/college, pursuing a bachelors degree, and;
- Graduate students, enrolled full or part time, pursuing a masters degree. PhD students are also welcome to apply.
A Student Member who does not maintain the prerequisite college/university enrollment criteria will no longer be eligible for student membership. Once ineligible for student membership, an individual may remain as a Student Member until the end of the student membership year for which dues have been paid.
The CFA Society of Orlando Student Membership is valid for one year and must be renewed annually. The membership year runs from July 1st through June 30th the following year. Student membership dues are $25 a year and are not pro-rated.
Student Members of CFA Society of Orlando have access to the CFA Society of Orlando website, event notifications, and may attend CFA Society of Orlando events at a discounted Student Member rate, in addition to Member Only networking events.
Student membership in CFA Society of Orlando does not qualify an individual for membership in the CFA Institute or for future Regular or Affiliate membership in the CFA Society of Orlando.
Student Member Application Process
To be accepted for student membership, an applicant is required to
- Submit the Student Membership Application, which must be signed by a Professor/Associate Professor of finance, business or economics at the college/university at which the student is enrolled,
- Prepare and submit a typewritten, original 200-500 word essay on the importance of ethics in the conduct of business in the global economy,
- Enclose a copy of the applicants current student ID card,
- Agree to be bound by the CFA Society of Orlando Code of Ethics, and
- Submit $25 in Student Membership dues upon approval by the Board of Directors.
Student Membership Applications are processed each month by the Membership Committee, with recommendation for approval by the Board of Directors.
To maintain a student membership, renewing student members must submit a Student Membership Renewal Application with Professor/Associate Professor signature affirming their student status, along with $25 membership dues and an updated copy (as applicable) of their student ID.
Student Member Application form